Monday, October 19, 2009

yesterday... and today...

Yesterday...

Thanks to Wei Fun and Aaron... sent me all da way to Broadmeadow station...they accompanied my to wait for the train as welll...

I have 3 luggages: Laptop, backpack, and a 30kg giant luggage for 4 weeks to survive in Taree...

Ah well... Wei Fun and Aaron's reaction was like... ' What did you bring la gal??'

Anyways, I have the reputation of overloading myself with stuff as always... bad habit... since kindergarden.... Need assistance to change that though...

I boarded the train... Determined to read some of the reading materials for prac... But fell asleep 80% of the journey....

When I was awake... I was bored.. so I read Ikeda Sensei's daily guidance.. This one really impresses me:

'To take the initiative to go where the circumstances are most difficult, to be first to take on the most ardeous tasks. Those who live with a dedicated commitment to faith, to kosen-rufu (happiness of humankind) and to their own self-realization are true champions in life'

I am deeply moved by his guidance... Coz i am facing the feeling of fear right now... Coz I do not know what to expect out of the placement... I still have doubt if I am going to do well for IPP placement...

Suddenly out of the blue... I felt melancholic and very sad... as my granma is critically ill... I have a feeling that she has passed away....

I reached Taree at 5.10pm...

It was sunny here compared to Newcastle...

Then I caught a cab...A guy smoking a cigarette, long haired, wearing unruly clothes was at the cab before me.

But he asked me if I wanted the cab.. and let me get the cab first.... He appeared to be a nice person after all... he even opened the door for me to get in...

Then I reached the hospital... Asked the cab to wait outside for me to get da keys from Manning Hospital... But my key wasn't at the reception... It was at the emergency centre... So I took my luggage out... Left at the reception and went up to 2nd floor to pick up my keys from he emergency... led by the security...

Luckily enough.. I got a ride from the security to take me to the unit that I am suppose to stay....

Then I get to meet my house mate... Anyway, the house is in a mess... that is all I can say... but still bearable....

It was already 6pm when I was here... Then I quickly went to do some grocery shopping before it gets dark...

This is when the interesting part starts....By the time i finished my shopping.. it was already 7.30pm... It was very dark...and was carrying 3 bags of groceries...2.5L of water, milk, sugar, soy sauce, cooking oil, cereals, and some other stuff that is enough to make my journey back to my accommodation a painful austerity.

Due my 'great' sense of direction... I was lost in the dark... I have no inkling where I was and road lights were scarce for me to see the unit number...

I was scared... tempted to cry but luckily I didn't... I chanted in my heart.. I even knocked on stranger's home to ask for directions but nobody answered.... Walking on with heavy groceries.. I have no choice but to stopped a random car driving by...And there were 2 guys in the car... middle aged man and a young lad.

I asked them for help and they took their torch light and accompanied me back to my place... they even helped to take my groceries...

I was scared... because something bad night happen to me... Imagine a gal walking with 2 strangers...But,I came home safely... and I knew I am protected....

But I SWEAR to never walk in the dark again... EVER....

Damn it was super scary -_-

And Today...

Started my prac at 8.30am but my supervisor is not around...Nothing much happened at prac today.. But everything started just fine... But I am determined to do have a wonderful IPP placement...So.. need to re-determine although I still have doubts for not doing a good job.

Then I had 3 coffees today in struggling to keep awake.. but I am punished with 3 serious bouts of diarrhea....Not feeling that great after all.

Suddenly remembered at lunch time that it is my best fren's bday this coming Friday... need to make a card for her to wish her happie bday bac in Msia...so i went to Big W to get some materials...

Finished at 4pm.. Did some grocery and came bac.... ate dinner and went online until I saw Bro's msn message... my granma just passed away yesterday at 5.30pm Msian time... the same time as how I felt that I lost her on the train.

But according to my mum.. My granma passed away very peacefully...

I know I lost my only granparent today...but I do not feel sad. As I know this is a new beginning for her life as well...

Granma.. May you rest in peace... All your children and grandchildren will prosper with a bright future...

Thanks for being so compassionate and always being considerate towards others' happiness and welfare...

You will be always be a part of my memory...deep in my heart.

No comments: